Immigrants with a Vision
Community Christian School is the result of a vision of immigrants from the Netherlands over a century ago. They felt the Lord leading them to form a school in the Pease area that provided a Christ-centered education. After much prayer and planning, Community Christian School was founded in 1914. The immigrant parents were committed to the idea of providing an education that had God's Word as its core. Their vision is alive today. Currently, we are a school of 102 students. We have Early Childhood programs for students ages 3, 4, and 5 and full-time Kindergarten through 8th Grade.
Our families come from over twenty different Christian churches from Pease, Milaca, Princeton, Zimmerman, Mora and surrounding areas. Christian parents who are committed to God and the Christian education of their children support CCS. It is a non-profit organization governed by the School Board, which is elected from within the School Society. Our school is owned and operated by parents rather than the state or by one particular church. Our goal is to work alongside the home and church in educating children and leading them to a saving knowledge of Christ. Parents desire a school that is Christ-centered and reinforces the values taught both at home and at church. Parents instill God's values and commands in their children's lives. CCS is the extension of the Christian family. Church, home and school work simultaneously to fulfill this goal. Parents have the opportunity to be actively involved in their child's education at CCS.